Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Book Two - Determination on Life's Road: 25-27


CHAPTER  25
               
WONDER OF IT ALL


Have you ever wondered how technology works? I haven’t until lately. You take machines like CAT scans, ex-rays, other scan machines. They all have their own way of telling what’s going on with a patient. Then you take the lab where they draw blood from you. They also have means of testing blood for various things. Interesting, isn’t it?

Then there are the musical instruments. Each one has a way of bringing out music, even the piano and the organ. Of course there’s a skill of playing any of those things. Then have you ever thought of our minds in a way to understand how to work all these things? God gave us a mind to use it wisely. He also gave each a skill in doing what we can do best in whatever we zero in.

Then there’s the computer. I found out that the computers can do a lot of things like helping you find things, correcting your mistakes, moving down to the next line with out us doing anything but just typing right along, unless you’re starting another paragraph.. It also has a sleep mode where it won’t do anything. Forget about trying to do anything because you won’t get to do what you set out to do. I have a computer which is set up for Microsoft Word. It’s just set up to do my stories, which is what I wanted. I do letters and labels too. No e-mail, on-line or internet.

Sometimes I have a problem getting my stories done. I don’t intend to get rich doing these stories. I’m just doing them for enjoyment. I just thank God for helping me to understand how to use this computer.                          


                                            
CHAPTER  26
         
 IN DIFFERENT LIGHT


I can remember 30/40 years ago. I wanted to get back to my place of work. When it was stormy snow-wise or slippery, I wasn’t very happy. Then in later years, when I hoped to get snowed in. It didn’t happen but waited until I got back up here. Today the 16th of April, I was supposed to go to Syracuse to see Dr. Musa this morning. I had hoped this snow storm would go around us but it didn’t.  Bob picked me up at 8:00. The further we went, the worse it got. There were a lot of accidents. Then I-81 was shut down. Then I knew I wouldn’t make it to Syracuse. Bob called Barb and my appointment was canceled. She was going to make another appointment for me. I accepted that okay. What else could I do? I knew it was bad. Besides, this way I didn’t have to worry about Barb and Lew being on the road.

I kept myself busy that day doing different things. I found out that I would be seeing Dr. Musa the next week and I did.                


                                               
CHAPTER 27
                          
DAY BY DAY


I remember when I asked Dr. Musa  if he had any plan in regard to my chemo. He said no, just go day by day. Actually I believe it was just a year ago. I can and have gone for most part with everything. This morning he must’ve had an emergency or a meeting with the other oncologists before he could come to the office. I was thinking - Bob will have plenty of time to do what he has to do before he picked me up.  

My cancer count went up to 99. Dr. Musa wanted to wait until after I have my blood work in June. I was concerned at first but then began to think of what I have learned. I’ve read that when I’m on chemo that fights cancer cells, it also works against my red blood cells and bringing them down when they’re suppose to be up. Also when on chemo, my body gets under stress and that can make my cancer count go up. Then, when I’m off it, the count can go up more before it comes down.  So no wonder why Dr. Musa wanted to wait.

So, like I said before, I need to take each day as day by day. If there’s a problem to take care of, Dr. Musa will tend to it as always before. He had received the letter from Dr. El-Saan. He’s going with the stent  bit too. That was good news.

I was doing a surprise retirement party for a friend.I still would have gone on with the party if I was on chemo. This way was better.  I could function better. I think the Lord worked it out this way. I had help with the food. I think we all enjoyed ourselves. It was a very interesting night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book One - The Potter and the Clay: 1

Chapter One The Potter and the Clay             This story is to only show how the Lord has worked and still working in my life. I was...