Saturday, November 20, 2010

Book One - The Potter and the Clay: 9

[Some people in the early days of Jeanette's journey.]

Chapter Nine
BLESSINGS

So, in regard to rough times, I’m thankful for my family. They have been great for support in every way. During times with cancer and now, I had questions then and now too. I’m not out of the woods yet but no one who has cancer is.

Then I told myself that if it did come back, Dr. Musa will do what he can and the Lord will be there for me and with me through it. I’ve been really impressed with Dr. Musa. He’s a man of action He doesn’t waste any time.  He may be a man of few words but he is good explaining things and answering questions. I thank God for sending me to Dr. Musa.

Pastor Comings has been there to see me in St. Jo’s, whenever and wherever I was in the hospital. He always gave me good verses which I still use. His messages are very good. He may not know it but the Lord is working in me in several areas.

My sister Barb and I have good long phone visits and visits coming back from Syracuse each time. We share concerns and good things. I also have good visits with Dottie too.

I have had good visits with Judy Comings. I have missed her coming around. I know she’s busy.  I’m praying for her and Pastor both daily

Thank God for Bob and Donna Harding. They came up to see me that Monday night after surgery. I still have that artificial plant. They came just at the right time.  I really appreciated their time they took to come up.

Sally Knapp and her husband came the next morning. I was pleasantly surprised to see them. I thank her for the talks we had on the phone and when we were together at that time and still appreciate those times. I thank her for all the cards and from others.

Sally has been very helpful. She also has given me a lot to think about. She also has been very encouraging.

My new team partner told me last night she and I would be team partners. That partner is Diane Watson. I had known her for a long time. She has always been very enthusiastic. She also has been very helpful to me when I was going through with the cancer bit.

My desire is to return the encouragement and uplifting a personal friend in prayer and encouragement. When they’re hurting, my heart goes out to them.

I have another couple who I hadn’t mentioned. That was Don and Eleanor Froh. They came up to see me in St. Joe’s. I wasn’t completely alert at the time. I do remember them being there and gave me a book which I have used. She had come several times here at home. I thank them both very much.

Then there’s Deidra who I had volunteered with for five years. We have been in touch yet. She has been very supportive too. She also was good to work for.  She’s going through some rough waters. I’m trying to be encouraging and supportive to her.

Then there’s friend I know in the volunteer office. She has always been helpful and encouraging too. She also was very good to work for in her office. I learned a lot from her.  That was Linda Harrison.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book One - The Potter and the Clay: 1

Chapter One The Potter and the Clay             This story is to only show how the Lord has worked and still working in my life. I was...