Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Book One - The Potter and the Clay: 5

[For earlier chapters check the side-bar.]

CHALLENGES

When I stop to think, I had challenges most of my life. Sometimes I was successful and other times I could’ve done better.

My first challenge was homesickness. At my third job, I managed to accomplish this when I was working for this one lady. Therefore I could move on with my life.

My second challenge was at  the Murray Center and the hospital with the employees and work.

My third challenge was when I joined the Toastmaster’s Group. A friend told me it would help improve my speech. I was in it until my work schedule changed and it got costly. I learned some things though.

My youngest brother gave me an art kit for Christmas one year. He had my name. I did more drawing. I was urged to go to a art class.

I checked it out. It was in the County Office Building on Thursday Mornings from 9-11. It only cost $2 as I would be bringing my own supplies. I went on Thursday Mornings for my flavored coffee and something to eat. Then I went to Mullen’s to check out anything for new art supplies and then headed for my art class.

I thought I had to draw from scratch. That means to draw without a picture you  look at. Not true! I could draw, paint, transfer with carbon paper. I could do anything. If I needed help, I just had to call on the instructor.

This lady was in her70’S or early 80’S. She still was a good artist. We watched her one day do a picture. I decided to give it a try and draw by hand. Some things turned out good and some didn’t. I still do periodically but when I get stuck, I fall back on stamps and stencils. They’re getting to be the popular item now.

My fourth challenge was going back to school, particularly learning percents. I have a few mastered. I studied, worked with my math before going to work, after work, after my household tasks were done. I even went to the library just so I wouldn’t be interrupted.

I was thankful that my math level got up where I could get into the External  Diploma Program. Six months later, I did graduate

INDEX to JEANETTE'S WORLD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book One - The Potter and the Clay: 1

Chapter One The Potter and the Clay             This story is to only show how the Lord has worked and still working in my life. I was...