Sunday, November 7, 2010

Book Two - Determination on Life's Road : 9-10

 From time to time, as we have opportunity, we will include examples of Jeanette's art. One of the things for which she especially will be remembered among our folks at Bible Baptist (as well as others) will be her simple, hand made cards. People of all ages received these at random moments and, with them, the assurance that Jeanette was praying for them.

CHAPTER  9

NEW DEVELOPMENT

I had gone to bed last Thursday night the fourth of January. I had slept for two hours then woke up at 11:30. I got up to go to the bathroom and had gone to bed. All of a sudden! I had a fierce back pain and stomach cramps. Nothing worked! I was very uncomfortable. I tried to read then write but couldn’t even do either. I kept hoping it would go away but it didn’t. I was awake all night. I waited until 5:30 then pulled my emergency cord beside my bed. Our night manager came up. She had already called the ambulance.

I got to the Emergency room in a short time. After asking some questions, the doctor on call ordered blood work and CAT scan. They hooked me up with an IV and put something in it for nausea. About 7:30 or so, results came back. Nothing showed up for why I was in pain. Another doctor who was on call gave me a prescription for pain and nausea. The pain pill helped some, but the pain didn’t go away. Today I had an appointment with Dr. Hayes as a follow up the eleventh. We talked, then he examined my back and stomach. This time it hurt when he pressed on it.

            He told me to have a seat while he went to call Dr. Musa. He couldn’t get to talk with Dr. Musa but he did get an appointment for this coming Monday morning to see him. I just hope the weather will be good enough to keep the appointment.


CHAPTER  10

                  MY FAVORITE THINGS                    

There were two favorite things that somehow got away from me. That was two dolls and books. Back in early 80’s, I saw this one doll in a workbasket magazine. I showed her to Mom. Needless to say, I got her for Christmas that same year. According to that magazine, she only cost five dollars. Because of her, my doll collection grew. Most of them are collectibles. Some others are ones I bought or others have given me.

I’d say probably in last 20 years, I started collecting a few different series of books. Most are mystery, detective and some heart-warming, thought provoking ones.

Then I took a liking to collective plates which are scenic, floral and antiqued. I heard that if you wait long enough, you will find what you’re looking that will fit price wise. I’ve been looking in this Hallmark store we have, few times, admiring these small tea sets. They were too costly for me. After awhile, I started finding them in this dollar store we have. Believe that? I decided to take advantage of that opportunity. Just think! Three sets for price of one or little more. That’s good enough for me. I also found a small fountain that fit my pocket book price wise.

I’ve discovered more so that there’s not always much good to watch on television. I don’t watch television that much like lot of people do. But when I do, I want to watch some good clean programs. They took off my four most favorite home-and-decorating shows. I have some videos of mystery and western. Lately I bought some DVD’S of the same kind as my videos. Once in awhile I may watch a home decorating or food show. When I’m writing, I listen to CD’S.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book One - The Potter and the Clay: 1

Chapter One The Potter and the Clay             This story is to only show how the Lord has worked and still working in my life. I was...