Thursday, November 4, 2010

Book Two - Determination on Life's Road: 19-21


CHAPTER  19
                                                   
BEING  MYSELF

I said many times before this. I don’t care about high fluting careers. I probably shouldn’t say it that way. I’m glad for people that have them. Without them, we wouldn’t have doctors, nurses, etc. We need them. I’m just saying it wasn’t for me but to be where I am. Once I accepted that, I could move on to things I can do. Getting back to where I started, I don’t think Pastor was aware of it then. But he confirmed my thoughts when he said to be myself.  That is, to not try to do or be what I’m not cut out for. I don’t intend to be a professional author/writer. I had my first book made. Since then I’ve been working on my second book. I got to thinking! I will have lull/slow time in coming up with what to write in my second book. I asked myself what I was going to do. I started writing about famous/well known people, documents, speeches from four great well known men and women.
           
In the meantime, while talking to my sister, Dottie, she gave me an idea of writing stories from scratch. Guess what! With a little thinking and time, I did write five or six short stories for little kids. Then today on Saturday-February the 10th, I got to thinking of writing another story from scratch. I sat there and pondered what I could write about next.

I decided to do a story on a teen age girl going through about the same thing I did with cancer. This is when it is good to go through that. I knew what to write. I have thought of changing the story to make it longer. Then I asked myself –why? Why not just write short stories? Be myself and write books of short stories. I let family and friends make a suggestion of how to improve in doing them. Going to a professional and I just may have  to write what they tell me. That wouldn’t be myself and it wouldn’t be really myself writing them.

These stories would be done through the heart. I can be myself. It won’t be as costly as  it would be if I went to a professional person. I won’t have any dead lines either in doing them. If there is, it’s because I made them. But there won’t be if I can help it.


                                            
CHAPTER  20
                                        
UNBELIEVABLE

I did do short stories. I did at least seven or eight short stories for little kids. I did two for adults. Deidra my friend brought a typewriter to me. She wasn’t using it anymore. She didn’t want it so she actually gave it to me.

Another friend came today to pick up her book I had for her. She was a lifesaver. She fixed the ribbon on the typewriter. It is a electric typewriter. I worked on it after I came back from Dad’s at eight. It worked for awhile then the keys locked up on me. I couldn’t make them work so decided to wait until tomorrow.

In the meantime, this afternoon I for some reason thought I did a second set on a story for adults. I goofed big time and tore up one whole story and four pages on another one. Somehow I got one whole story written and the first four pages on the other. I was lucky to get them done. Then I was able to continue on with the other three stories..


CHAPTER  21
                                
LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING

I had an appointment with Dr. Musa this morning. First thing as always, he said good morning. Then he told me he took the time to read my book. In the office, he told me my cancer count was up but nothing showed up on the CAT scan. I had questions and was slow in putting them together to understand. I always had trusted his judgment before, no reason to stop now.

Barb and I talked about other things coming back from Syracuse. When we got back to my apartment, I showed her the stories and pictures I have done for the little kids. I think I might need to do the pictures over again.

My brother Bob gave / loaned me his typewriter this morning. He brought it over when he came to pick me up to go to Syracuse. After leaving Dad’s apartment and seeing Barb off, I came home to get a quick lunch then went to my typewriter. I started on the first story I wrote. I did that one I think four or five times. I think I’ll need to do it over again tomorrow before I start on another one.

I just finished my fourth story for the older ones and adults to read. I also wrote more on my book second book.  I’ll have lot of typing to do. I have learned I can’t type fast without making mistakes. Why do I need to type fast anyway? I’m really typing for myself.

You know what? I’ve been thinking tonight off and on. I was concerned, puzzled and had lot of questions in mind yesterday.  I just didn’t know how to go about it. The more I thought about it, more I was confident. Dr. Musa will keep tabs on me. He will keep track of my blood work and CAT scans.  I’ll continue to trust his judgments.   I also know the Lord is in control. He’s watching over me.  So with Dr. Musa and the Lord, what else can I ask for?

With getting to know my typewriter more today, I’m coming up with solutions. I managed to type up five of my short stories. That’s more than I figured on. I think I still will have Phil type up this second book . It needs to be done more professionally. I’m sure he can do better than me. That’s unless he’s bogged down more than before. If that’s the case, I’ll just have him take a look at it to get his opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book One - The Potter and the Clay: 1

Chapter One The Potter and the Clay             This story is to only show how the Lord has worked and still working in my life. I was...