Monday, November 8, 2010

Book Two - Determination On Life's Road: 7-8

A few minutes before posting these chapters (November 19, 2010), we received a call from Jeanette's sister, Dottie. Her physical condition, yesterday, declined significantly. As of this morning she sleeps most of the time with only occasional moments of semi-consciousness. Home going is soon. To us, that makes these two chapters especially poignant.

Chapter  7

THE CLIMAX

I feel like writing! I just have to share some things. I finally heard the results of the CAT scan. Have you ever heard or thought of a hidden piece of the puzzle come to light? I hadn’t either yet until the last two days. Dr. Musa had received the results of the CAT scan and had looked at them. They were good so he decided to take me off the chemo. He had Ann call me.

I feel I have passed the test. I accepted that piece of news with thankfulness that all was okay. I know he will keep track of my blood work and I will still have office visits just like he told me two years ago knowing that would be the same was reassurance to me.

I accepted that piece of news as a Christmas present. I also celebrated. I went out to eat with couple of friends at A&W. I also called some other friends and family. I got to thinking. I just may be in and out of remission for rest of my life. I can handle that. Once I have cancer, I’ll always have cancer. So with that, it’s to be expected to be on and off with chemo.

For now though, I think I won the battle. My red blood count will have time to build up where they should be and my platelets. I believe there will always be battles from time to time. That’s the way it is with cancer. I will never be out of the woods. As long as I know that, I can accept that. With each phase that comes my way, I’m reminded that God never moves without purpose or plan.                     


Chapter 8

LIFE IS HOPE
   
Our family had a gathering for Christmas today, the thirtieth. Most of us made it. There were some who couldn’t make it. I received a book called “WHERE JESUS WALKED”. I just looked through some pages and noticed some neat quotations which I thought were very interesting. Here are some of which I would like to share with you.

Where there’s life, there is hope; There’s infinite [without  limits] possibilities in little beginnings when God is in them, God’s dreams are so large they require His help to make them come true. God matches the dreams to the dreamer; Obstacles are opportunities in disguise. When you feel down, look up. It’s impossible to feel down when you’re looking up; Tough times never last but tough people do.

I believe all those quotations. I found them to be true in my life. That is, when I feel down I make myself focus on good things. My desires I had were mostly filled. God closed some doors where he didn’t want me and directed me to where He wanted me. I had a few obstacles along my pathway. Through each one I did have an opportunity. I believe the Lord knew I needed each time to build character, to bring me to where I am today. It didn’t happen over night. I was a slow learner.

I believe He gave me some good times to offset the rough times. Why do I believe that?  I can see as I look back, to how He worked things out through my life time so far. It took a long time to see and why.

I had mentioned also that I’ve been working on my story. My first book has been typed. So all I need to do is make copies for friends and put them in book form. Barb is doing some for my brothers and sisters. We discovered it’s too costly to have every book bound. My book will be an unusual book. I hope though that it will be one for my readers to enjoy and at the same time be encouraged.

Whatever you hope to do, don’t give up! For others dealing with any other kind of health problem, don’t give up either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book One - The Potter and the Clay: 1

Chapter One The Potter and the Clay             This story is to only show how the Lord has worked and still working in my life. I was...