Thursday, November 25, 2010

Book One - The Potter and the Clay: 4

[For earlier chapters, check the side-bar.]

GOALS CAME TRUE

My first goal was to have perfect attendance at work, at the shop where I worked and at the hospital. After several attempts at the hospital in the kitchen, I finally did it. That was for one year. I still have the plaque that was given to me.

My second goal was to get my G.E.D. It was like a dream. I probably shouldn’t say that, but it was one of my up-most desires. I thank God for making that possible. I could not have done it without His help. I have my diploma and my picture on the wall. I worked long and hard to get that diploma.

My third goal was to go the next step. I believe the Lord wanted me in the area of volunteering. After I came back from my vacation, I delivered mail to patients upstairs in the Nursing home.

One day a lady met me in doorway of her Room. She asked if I had mail for her and I had to say “no.” I made up my mind to see that she and others did get mail. 

Next time I saw her, she was thrilled when I gave her a card and that I made it. I decided to do it from then on. That’s how I got started with my card ministry. This is something I can do. It’s so appreciated and I enjoy doing them. 

My main goal is to do what I can, perhaps bring some cheer to someone. I also try to be what I should be. I sometimes fail but then ask the Lord to get me back on the right track. I try to be a sister and daughter as well as a friend as I can be. Sometimes I wonder how I do in all these areas.

INDEX to JEANETTE'S WORLD


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book One - The Potter and the Clay: 1

Chapter One The Potter and the Clay             This story is to only show how the Lord has worked and still working in my life. I was...