Thursday, November 11, 2010

Book Two - Determination On Life's Road: 1

This chapter, being posted for the first time on November 17, 2010, begins Jeanette's second book (c. 2006). As we upload this chapter, Jeannette is in the final days of her nine-year journey with ovarian cancer. We hope her plain journaling will be motivational to any who take the opportunity to read it. 

Chapter One
WHAT'S NEW?

I heard a statement once. It was this. “There has to be a cloud before a rainbow.” That came to mind when I was first diagnosed with cancer. I had concerns and lots of questions then. I asked them too. I still have lots of questions but different ones now. I ask them too. Every time I see Dr. Musa, Dr. Hayes and my chemo nurse, I have questions for all of them.

Then I had a rainbow. I was in remission from August ‘03 to September ‘5th. Again I had questions. That was because I had times with cancer counts going like a yo-yo, dealing with rash [which I had in more places than I had ice bags for]. Blood counts and platelets dropping down.

I often wondered how things would have been if I chose not to take chemo, gone for tests and etc. I’m glad I hadn’t had to find out. I would not have dared to have done all those things. I know one thing for sure!  Chemo was worth all that time because I’m still here. I also learned lately, more so that I need to take it easier before and after chemo. Dr. Musa is looking for lower numbers. As long as the caner counts are stabilized though, he’s not concerned yet.

I had a quiet restful day on my birthday. I received lot of cards. Dad had cooked
supper for Clara and I. About my birthday party? Most everyone was there at the
at the restaurant and at my brother Bob’s and Teresa’s in McGraw. I had a week off from the 6th to the 14th of November. So I spent that time with Jerry and Bonnie. That was a good week. I came home after I had my chemo the 15th.

I had mentioned that when we’re first diagnosed with cancer, we have moved into a new life. We have a different one. Things aren’t the same. We have uncertainties with which we can learn how to deal with when they come along and things that pop around that we don’t expect.

I never thought about it before. However! I really become more appreciative of each day that God gives me. I also learned to depend on Him more for strength - physically and spiritually. There are days when I’m low on energy. That’s when I have to stop and relax for awhile.

Sometimes when another person has cancer, God puts us in that situation also to be of help and encouragement to that person. So if I can be of help in that area, then it’s worth it to go through with cancer besides just being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book One - The Potter and the Clay: 1

Chapter One The Potter and the Clay             This story is to only show how the Lord has worked and still working in my life. I was...