Thursday, October 28, 2010

Book Three - Back to the Escalator: 10-12


CHAPTER  10

WORK OF THE MASTER”S HAND

I mentioned in my first book about the POTTER AND THE CLAY. (In fact! If you remember, that was the title.) Why? Because Lord is the potter and we are the clay. He made us to be in his family. He had plans for us long before we were even thought of. Imagine that! We were not accidents. Don’t let anyone tell you different. So, He being the potter, He molds us and chips away at us to be of use for Him. I sometimes think He has to chip away at me constantly. On the other hand, He is the most patient, forgiving, loving friend we can ever have.

When I woke up real early this morning, my mind was already working. However! They were things which were mumble, jumble, that didn’t make sense. Then somehow my mind got switched to be clear. That’s when I think when I’m riding in the car. I observe the different trees, flowers, scenery in general, beautiful homes, landscaping. I like to see the snow when it first comes down. It’s so fresh and clean, it even glistens.

I’ve been to see the Atlantic Ocean. It’s so interesting to watch the tide coming in and going out. I’ve also seen both the sunsets and sunrises. They’re both beautiful. I also have seen the trees in full, blooming colors and a lake that’s shimmering blue. Only the Lord could make all that to happen.
                                        


CHAPTER  11

CHANGES

There always have been changes. I’d say you most likely have seen them everywhere. I remember when I was staying with this one lady while working at the Murray Center. I just paid room and board. I wasn’t far from downtown-maybe a block. There were five different drug stores. Kinney’s was one of the stores but under a different name then. They’re still here and delivering free of charge. There were three shoe stores - just one now. Also, Newberry’s [where you could find most anything ] and other stores, a few eating places, both Blue and Green stamp stores, banks, the Post Office and a supermarket.
Now there aren’t as many stores downtown. There’s just the Community Restaurant, a few deli places, two banks,  and bars throughout the city (of course). You’ll see a few different eating places, shopping plazas,  car places, supermarkets, gas stations, and beauty plazas where you can spend a fortune. I have a place or two where I can get my hair cut for not quite as much but only on Wednesdays. We also have a Joanne’s Fabric store where you can buy crafts, material and etc. There is also a library downtown.

One thing for sure is that you can always depend on the Lord. He’ll always be with you. Do you know of anyone else who can be with everyone at all times? He never changes. He’s the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He will walk with us through everything that we go through.
 

                                                     
CHAPTER  12

WATCH FOR SCAMS

It seems like more scams are  coming at us from everywhere in every direction in every area. There are scams out there that we have to be more alert against more than before. I got stuck a couple of times. One person posed to be with the Verizon two times. Both times I had to call Verizon about the problem and to freeze my account or whatever you want to call it.

Now, when someone calls claiming they’re from Verizon, cable, National Grid, even insurance companies; I don’t trust them. I tell them to forget it then hang up on them. I won’t let myself get in a jam like again. One sign is when they don’t answer at first after you say “hello.”

Sometimes they call repeatedly. Then I get annoyed. I get phone calls in regard to the warranty on car and I don’t drive! Or the credit card, and I don’t do credit cards!

I’m just  telling that’s what I have learned - not to offer any information…period. Well, That’s all I have to say on that subject.                        


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book One - The Potter and the Clay: 1

Chapter One The Potter and the Clay             This story is to only show how the Lord has worked and still working in my life. I was...