Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Book Seven - New Beginning

CHAPTER ONE
AMAZING

I had my stent done yesterday the 17th. I was hoping all would go well as other times. That was because this time it would be done in the Dr’s office. I had no anesthesia nor an IV in me. He used a numbing gel on the scope. I was wide awake through the whole procedure. I felt the pressure when they took the old stent out and put the new stent in. I watched it on the screen. I did get through it with less pain. It just was uncomfortable for few hours after wards. I was given some pills for 10 days for antibiotic. I came home and fixed some breakfast then put my feet up for awhile. I dozed off at one time and other times was busy in the bathroom other times.
Today I went to see Dr. Musa first this morning before I had chemo. He told me the cat scan showed nothing-no tumors. He’s having me go off chemo after next week for two months. Then when I see him the end of August, he’ll decide what to do next-either keep me off the chemo or put me back on it. That depends on the blood work.
I can’t help but to think the Lord removed those tumors. It may His way of helping my body get a break and let my regularities work the way they’re really supposed to work.
This afternoon after lunch, Jerry, Bonnie and I went to the audiologist’s office. Jerry, the audiologist and talked. She told me I would get my hearing aid next week. With the money my sisters and brothers contributed and what I have saved up, I was able to put down a good healthy amount towards paying for it. I’m hoping to get both hearing aids paid off by next spring. Right now we’re going for just one to get used to.

CHAPTER TWO
TIDBITS
            First of all! My brother Jerry made the last payment of $800’s for the first hearing aid. Now I will be paying him back in small payments. That’s the way he wanted it. I got my hearing aid that next week. That was a small challenge which I think I’ve conquered with a help from the audiologist. She cut the small piece of extra tubing that I really didn’t need. That was a big help there. I also discovered I could hear better in some areas where I couldn’t before.
            As I said before, technology has come long way. That includes with hearing aids. They have come a long ways from when I first saw one. Mine is called Oticon/Epog. This one is the world’s first stereophonic hearing system There are 5 different instruments in hearing. Oticon is recognized for its ongoing innovation in design engineering. This heritage takes a giant leap forward with Epog’s ground breaking wireless technology.
            They can also be reprogrammed for when our hearing is low down the road-helps us to hear better. Not only that but when you get your hearing aid, they have you follow up afterwards for some time. That’s so they can adjust your hearing aid if needed to and answer any questions. So! You’re not left out on a limb by yourself to wing it alone. That’s a plus.
            In the meantime, we have a ladies’ bible study. It’s all about our relationship with a loved one/partner. Being I don’t have one and don’t intend to have one, I won’t go down that road. I do have a deep friendship with the Lord. I discovered more so that I can go to Him with everything. I can talk to Him as long as I need to and want to, He’s always there for me.
            As I also have said before, I never know what will pop up around the corner. But then who does? I just have to take each situation and go with it comes my way and also day by day.
            I’ve written few more short stories and some more on my book. I’ve started book #7 already. I aim to write few more.
            I went for a Ultra-Sound-Mon, June 30th. The woman who did it had a little hard time finding my left kidney. She asked me if it was taken out and I said no. I just recently had a new stent put in. So with this, I wonder what the results will be with that.
            Last Thursday-the 26th, I was about to get in the tub for a shower. I didn’t have a good grip on the bar by the tub so somehow I found myself on the floor and had landed on my right wrist. Thankfully, the wrist was all that hurt. I was able to get my shower after that.
            I went yesterday for my first follow up with the audiologist. She reprogrammed my hearing aid and showed me a easy way of cleaning my hearing aid and answered some questions.

CHAPTER THREE
AIMS IN LIFE

            I just watched a graduation on television several days ago. I graduated back in ’92. Back then, afterwards and even now I get choked up at graduations. Anyway! I listened now to graduation speeches to get ideas for writing. That speaker was speaking in matter of one thing. Never Give up! Never say we can’t when we can. However! I have learned through my life so far that I’m not cut out for everything that everybody else can do.
            When we do what we have in mind, we need to do three things. First thing is to have a goal. My one goal was to graduate. When I found out I could go back to school, my plan was to check out all the avenues then go for it and stick with it. That I did and accomplished what I set out to do.
            Most of you likely have heard of my experiences with cancer. That though will be a life’s road of goals and etc. Anyone else who has and has cancer now will tell you the same thing. I remember 6 years ago when Dr. Musa wanted me to have the maintenance treatments. He told me they were for survival. They worked! I’m still going in spite of obstacles that crossed my path in life.
            Just recently as I said before, I had a hearing test. From that I found out That I have a hearing loss in the inner part of each ear. It was recommended that I get a hearing aid. There again, I had a goal in mind with help of my family to save up for it. The first one has been taken care of. My plan was to go on a budget. That calls for discipline to stick with it as I have already.
            I’m having a vacation now starting the day after the 4th of July. I went to spend a week with Jerry and Bonnie for a week. The first thing I did  was fall k-splat on the floor coming out of their bathroom. Thankfully I wasn’t hurt. My back just reminds me of what I’ve done. I didn’t have to go the doctor’s office this time. I just take Tyenol when I first begin to hurt. If I climb, it’s only on the first step. Any higher, then I get help to get something down or put something up.
            I went to the audiologist today the 15th. She reprogrammed my hearing aid. She told me to pick a day to change my batteries, not until it starts to beep. I found out that my batteries begin to shut down before it beeps. I also have a hi &lo volume on my cordless phone which was better than my regular phone was. With my cordless phone, I can turn the volume up to where I can hear better. Some more of technology in improvements.                     


CHAPTER FOUR
ACCOMPLISHMENTS
                              
            As I have said before, there are a lot of bridges to healing. This one bridge is of healing in regard to hearing. To most people, there are emotions in dealing with loss of hearing. To some, there is denial so they won’t go for a hearing test; or when they do and are told they need a hearing aid. To others, they may not wear it after they do get it. I discovered it’s just another new challenge to work with. I have found  that my hearing aid does help for the most part.           
            So with that in mind, there is help for people with hearing aid loss. Technology has come a long way in that area as well. I can remember seeing someone with a hearing aid with wires hanging down Now they make them almost invisible. You can hardly see them. We have a choice. We can either go without one and deal with the loss of hearing; or we can go with one and hear better. We can change from isolation, avoidance, anxiety, social phobias, depression and other problems to benefit from wearing hearing aids and get in the action that is going on around us.
            I chose to go with a hearing aid, I did wonder at first how others would feel when seeing me with one. Then I began to think why I should be concerned of what they think. I’m wearing one to help myself hear better than I have before. Besides! You can hardly see the hearing aid. So what if they did. I still would wear them. I wear them every day all day like I do with my glasses. Again, as  with my cancer, I intend to do as much as I can to help myself with my hearing or whatever else.


                               
  
                                



No comments:

Post a Comment

Book One - The Potter and the Clay: 1

Chapter One The Potter and the Clay             This story is to only show how the Lord has worked and still working in my life. I was...