Saturday, October 23, 2010

Book Five - Miracle Won 1 - 3


CHAPTER  1

MIRACLE  WON

Why do I say “Miracle Won”? Because after first of the Year, I got my lap-top going again. It was Sunday night the 6th of January-2008.

I had gone to bed little later than usual. I was working on my needlepoint picture. After I got to bed, I thought of what I wanted to do, so I went out to work on the lap-top. I couldn’t get a whole screen. So then I tried to get the lap-top turned off. So I did what I had done last few times - click on ending the program for non-saved documents.

It didn’t work that way for two hours or so. I got somewhat worried that I may have messed it up some way. I couldn’t get to sleep because of that. Then I thought of my disc. I went to get it out. Then I happened to move one cord and plugged it in the other plug in the power strip. Hurrah! It works! What a relief! I was thinking of who I could get to help me. Now I don’t need to.     


CHAPTER TWO

BIG CHALLENGE
                              

I’m not only doing chemo and having my stent changed every three months, I’m being challenged in other areas as well. For one thing, as I told you before, my left kidney will never get better.

I had an appointment with Dr. Hayes yesterday the 15th. I found out that my blood pressure has been high for some time. It’s been in range from 130 to 160 over a lower number. He was hoping it would come down but it hadn’t. So he decided to give me a prescription for it. He said it was because of the left kidney.

Then the lower part of my one leg was red and sore like before. I showed it to him and he said it was possibly fluid. He told me to get support hosiery to keep both legs from swelling.

Of course, when he asked if I had more questions, my mind went blank. After Dad and I headed for Kinney’s to get my prescription filled, that’s when my brain started working. I had all kinds of questions.

Early around six this morning, I was thinking more about the fluid bit. Then I remembered how I was with it six years ago and got very concerned about it. I had to remind myself to not borrow trouble.

I finally called his office at 11:00 or so to ask what I can do to avoid that problem again. The nurse called me back. I was to watch the table salt. Then I got to thinking later about my sodium level. That’s been where it’s supposed to be for last six years. I need to keep that maintained. I also remembered when I limited salt completely. That time I was in big trouble.

I’ll just need to start reading labels when I’m shopping for groceries from now on and go with items low in salt. I also was told yesterday that I could get sugar diabetes if I wasn’t careful. So I have work to do mind-wise to keep me out of trouble with both sugar and salt. I can do it. I just need to keep all those things in mind. With that in mind, knowing what I can do; I feel better about the situation just like I do with chemo.

With my cancer, I have no idea if it’s still in the same place or not. Each time that I had a CAT scan, these cancer cells were so small that they didn’t show up. All I can do is hope and pray that my chemo is killing these cancer cells each time I have chemo and  in  between those times.  I hope it’s working. It looks like it is because my  cancer count went down twice-last month. Of course - I’m on the yo-yo bound. What do I mean by that? It could go back up. That’s the way it has worked for last few years. I just take each day as day by day. I’m thankful when it does come down.


CHAPTER  3

MINDFUL

I started doing my life story on the lap-top to save this time. I had nine chapters and had started the tenth chapter. For some reason, I decided to look at the twelfth chapter. I happened to think of all I had done in capital letters. I knew then I would have to start back to the first chapter. [This was the first book] and start over again. I needed to get the capital letters back to where each small letter was suppose to be. While doing that, I was reminded how long that first chapter was. As I was working towards the middle part of the story, I thought I better clarify myself better.

When I mentioned of not caring for high fluting careers, I wasn’t knocking them. I just wasn’t meant for me. I am glad that other people can take on a career they choose and go for it. We need good doctors, teachers, pastors and others in different fields of work. I have three good doctors. Without lab people, we wouldn’t know what’s going on, or how to have the problem taken care of.

I had mentioned there were some people who thought I couldn’t learn anything. I’d say I proved them wrong. If I couldn’t learn anything, then I wouldn’t have had opportunities in doing things like copying on copier machines, doing some difficult hard tasks and now working on a lap-top. I should say the Lord and I both proved those people wrong. I don’t take the credit. The Lord gave me those abilities and I thank Him for each of them.

He designed my life for where he wanted me and for what He wanted me to do. It didn’t happen over night. It took me a long time to understand all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book One - The Potter and the Clay: 1

Chapter One The Potter and the Clay             This story is to only show how the Lord has worked and still working in my life. I was...