Friday, October 22, 2010

Book Five - Miracle Won - 4-8

CHAPTER  4

GOOD SO FAR

First of all, in regard to the first book; I got up to the sixth chapter. Then I got stuck. Nothing was working. So I wiped out that whole chapter very carefully and started over again. I made it through to the end. That was big lesson for me to learn. I’ll remember to not go that route again. The second book went much easier.

I went for my chemo today the 6th of January. I had an appointment with Dr. Musa first. My cancer count went up to 87.9 - just 2 digits. That’s still good. He also told me the port is doing its job. It must be. I told him of my concern with the sugar and salt. He told me I didn’t need to worry about the fluid bit. It wouldn’t be like 6 years ago. That was because of the cancer. He did say what to do what Dr. Hayes said to do about the sugar.

Then I went down to the treatment room for my chemo. I found out that my sugar level went down from 161 to 99. I was much relieved about that. It’s in the range where it’s supposed to be-[74-115.] My red and white blood counts and platelets were in the range where they’re to be at. My sodium level has also maintained where it is to be. Only thing I need to learn and understand about how the createne is to work; how many fluids I’m to take in a day. Other wise, all in all, everything is good.

I was tired after I got home but that’s to be expected with the chemo. I just did the next easy project. That was doing more Valentine cards and after I had lunch. My brother Bob took me up to Syracuse on his way to work. He had lot of work to do so he had Amanda his daughter and my niece come to ring me home. She dropped me off then had to head for work. So actually it was a fairly good day.


                                                        
CHAPTER  5

NEW EPISODE

Like I said, the sixth was a good day after I had my chemo. Next two days weren’t so good I didn’t have good results with regularities. In spite of doing this and that, taking what I needed to get me going, nothing worked. I was getting very uncomfortable. Few of us girls got together to celebrate a birthday. We left early, around nine that night. The next morning about 3 or 3:30, I had horrendous back pain and stomach cramps. Then I began to feel weak and nauseated. I finally pulled the cord for help and the night lady came up to say she had called the ambulance. They gave me three choices of hospitals but I chose our hospital. It was more convenient for Dad and for Dr. Hayes. After I got there, I started vomiting. They gave me something for nausea then sent me for a CAT scan.

When I came back, it wasn’t long until I started having diarrhea. Results came back, saying it was from Gemzar [my chemo drug - it’s known for constipation]. They decided to keep me. I was sent up to 3 south. I was put on NPO [nothing to eat or drink] and bed rest for three days. That was on Saturday. Later that day and that night, diarrhea got out of control. It finally quieted down some the next day. I didn’t sleep much at all that night.

Sunday morning I got switched over to where the kid’s area used to be and in another private room, also not far from the nurse’s station. When I began to think things were settling down, I discovered I was bleeding when I went to the bathroom early the next morning like around 6six I buzzed for the nurse’s aide and then told her.  She went to get the nurse. She came in, took a look then asked me few questions.

I was also told before about my blood count. I had fluid on my right kidney. So they went for another blood work. When that came back I was taken off the IV fluids. I still had the IV in my arm in case they would have to hook it back up again. Wednesday morning, Dr. Hassan came in to see me. He said the right kidney was okay but will need to be checked on as well as the left kidney.

I heard a quotation once. “When things seem to go rough, can’t do much about it; we go up salt creek without the paddle, but we still come up swimming - figure of speech.” Well, Katie Hayes came in earlier and told me that because of my bleeding a few times, I may have to have a colonoscopy. She was having this doctor come to see me. He came when Dad was there.  This doctor and I talked. He asked me questions. I told him what I knew. I also told him what Dr. Musa told me. I suggested that he talk to Dr. Musa. Thankfully I remembered what the phone number and gave it to him.

Dr. El-Saan’s P.A. came to see me that night and told me my right kidney was okay. She was confirming what Dr. El-Saan told me earlier that day. That was Wednesday night. Yesterday morning Dr. Hayes came to see me around nine. We talked, then he answered my seven questions. He also said that this Dr. did call Dr. Musa. Dr. Hayes was going to go talk to this one doctor. Dr. Hayes discharged me an hour later. I got home around 11:30, put my things away and made a few phone calls for appointments with Dr. Hayes, Dr. El-Saan and this Dr. I already knew I would see Dr. Musa in three weeks for his office visit. When I see Dr. Hayes, I hope to find out something. I’d like to know where I’m at.

So in the meantime, yesterday after I had lunch, I took two Tylenol as my back was beginning to hurt.[ I wanted to stop it before it got to scale 10] and slept for two hours. I woke up at three, got to doing some things. Dad was cooking supper. That was good as I had nothing lined up.

I went down to Dad’s for supper before five. We ate then played a game. I then got a call from Sally saying she and Norm were coming over. I met them at the front door. They stayed awhile. After they left, I did few more  things then went to bed.

I’ve been trying to downsize, weed out what I wasn’t using, switching things around. I slept good last night. It was the first good night’s rest since before I was in the hospital.

Today I experimented with doing curtains. I decided my living room needed a new look. The maintenance guy came up to hang them up for me. I tried to describe how I wanted the valance to hang. He tried his best. Actually, he did a good job.

Through all this last week, I had times of uncertainties. Then I reminded myself of these unexpected surprises that pop up around the corner. Then I thought – okay! So I’ll just keep moving on in spite of all these things. I know I’m not alone. I know the Lord will be with me as He always has before. I also know I have Dr. Musa, Dr. El-Saan and Dr. Hayes keeping track of things for me. I will fight, never give up. I’ve got too much to do and want to do. Besides! I don’t believe it’s up to me to quit but keep on-keeping on.


                                                       
CHAPTER  6

STILL KEEPING ON

That means I’m to still continue on to cope and survive. I won’t give up the fight. I aim to win in spite of any obstacles. I’ve been to see Dr. Hayes. My weight went down to 133. Dr. Musa may be concerned about that.  My blood pressure was good. I hadn’t found out yet if I’m to have a colonoscopy or not. I’ll have to wait until I see Dr.  Musa or talk to Ann. She may know something about it. She’s my chemo nurse. She’s in a position where if I didn’t get to talk to Dr. Musa; she could answer my questions. If she didn’t know, she would ask Dr. Musa then get back to me.

I did find out that there may be a possibility of a blockage on my right kidney. I need to ask Dr. Hassan about that. I was hoping I would have one good kidney. Maybe I’ll need a stent on the right kidney too.

I went for another round of chemo treatment. When I got there and came in to see Ann, she told me Dr. Musa wanted to see me today. I was thinking - good. Maybe I’ll get some answers.

He wants me to have a colonoscopy and the stent done the same day. I couldn’t get it to work out that way. I called Ann and told her. She said that was okay. She also said we could work around with the chemo thing if we need to. I’m to let her know when I have the colonoscopy done.

The blood pressure was good. My weight was 133 - same as Monday’s. I may have to change that some way if I can.  I don’t think Dr. Musa wants it that low. My brother Bob and I had a good trip to Syracuse and back. He managed to get enough work done before he picked me up that was to satisfaction to him.     


                                                      
CHAPTER  7

IN BETWEEN TIMES

That’s when I had chemo like few days after or on a week when I’m feeling good, can get chores done up, then can get into more interesting things. In the last few weeks, I’ve worked on my living room windows - shortening curtains. I’ll never work on that slippery type material again. I also made a 2nd tier to go under the other ones.

I was given this needlepoint picture about 10 years ago. I’ve worked at it now and then. I finally got it done. I’ve been working on an idea on how to rearrange my pictures a little differently. I had watched some home decorating shows to get any ideas. I did do some sofa pillows in different colors to blend in with my living room colors.

I’ve also been working on my first book on the lap-top. I only have four more chapters to do  then I can start on my second book. I have a lot of work waiting for me to do on the lap-top. It’s a good thing I’m doing it for myself and not on schedule.

Each time I have chemo, I have learned more how to handle this problem with irregularity. This is an on going battle to work with. Maybe, though, I can keep myself out of the hospital.

Today, the 5th of March, I went for chemo. It was a good trip going up and coming back home. I found my cancer count went from 89 to 81.1. That looks more promising. My red and white blood counts are still in range where they’re to be. I found out about my createne today also. It has nothing to do with amount of liquids I take in. It’s with the chemo drug - working against my irregularity.

Bob has given me 100 CD’s for my lap-top that he wasn’t using. I finally found out how to open the door to lap-top for my CD’s. I was shown how to make rows or columns for up, down and across. When I finish the last book that I have written, I may zero in on this other.


                                               
CHAPTER 8

A GOOD DAY

Today was a good day. Dottie and I had a good trip to Syracuse and back. We received the news of the colonoscopy being benign. I was the only patient for a short time for chemo. Then two other people came. I got done before 11:00 and we left. We ate at Denny’s Restaurant for lunch, went to Kinney’s then the shoe store. When we came back, we solved two problems with the printer and copier. About 3:00, she went downstairs to see Dad before she left to head for home.

Last night being Thursday, Dad, Clara and I got done with Skip-Bo [a card game] before 7:00. I came up in mind to start my last book. I only did two chapters then I started having a problem with the computer. To make the long story short - I decided to experiment. I decided to go to a new screen to start my book. It went fine after that. From now on, I think I’ll experiment some. Then if nothing works, I’ll make a phone call.

I aim to conclude this book number five. It may take a little while before I come up with a title and what to write in the next book. So this is it for now. I have some other work to zero in on. I hope you enjoy all these books and maybe even benefit from them in some way or another.
                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book One - The Potter and the Clay: 1

Chapter One The Potter and the Clay             This story is to only show how the Lord has worked and still working in my life. I was...